Monday, July 18, 2011

Videogame Anecdote #2: Tetris

(Excerpt from interview)

Interviewer: Welcome back to the show and thank you for joining us. If you're just tuning in, we've got a treat for you today as we have here for you the great writer, philosopher, musician, artist, and star of the Tetris games, Mr. Long Piece! Mr. Piece, once again, thank you for joining us today.

Mr. Piece: My pleasure, thank you for having me.

Interviewer: So please, continue your story.

Mr. Piece: As I fell, I saw that below me my friends were waiting for me and they had arranged for me to snugly fit at the edge of the group. There was a group of them three lines high with a vertical space that seemed to be made just for me. Destiny.

I fell and fell, almost with a purpose. When I got to the bottom and took my place, immediately all of them seemed to simply vanish into thin air with not even a goodbye. They disappeared, went away, taking with them most of my being. I felt like all that was left was but a piece of me, a fourth of what I had once been.

Interviewer: Fascinating! What happened then?

Mr. Piece: The remainder of me was simply left there all alone, left there to think, left there to see how sad it all was...

No comments:

Post a Comment