Saturday, July 16, 2011

Good Deed of the Day

I was at the Best Buy looking to buy a wired XBOX 360 controller (don't ask) when I was approached by a pair of kids who looked about 16 or 17. One of them told me that they had tried to buy L. A. Noire but the cashier would not sell it to them because they were underage.

They asked me if I would buy it for them.

I immediately said no and they insisted lightly. I asked them to have a parent come with them to buy it for them but they said their parents wouldn't. They were walking away disappointing when I thought to myself, "Fuck it." I called the kids and asked for the game and their money, which they gave to me happily. I told them to go wait for me outside the store so we wouldn't be seen together and proceeded to pay for my controller and their game.

Outside the store, I gave them their game and they began telling me how cool I was; I just told them not to worry about it and to enjoy the game.

I know I should not have bought that game for them from an ethical standpoint, but I also know that the game will have nothing those kids have not already seen on the internet and then some so I saw no real problem with doing it.

You're welcome kids, whoever you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment