Thursday, July 14, 2011

Videogame Anecdote #1: Super Mario Bros.

Hello,

My name is Mario and I am a plumber.

One time, I went into Bowser's Castle looking for my girlfriend, Princess Peach. As soon as I entered I was welcomed by an array of devices designed to stop me from getting to Bowser and my girlfriend, who was being kept there against her will. I jumped over obstacles and bottomless pits, on top of turtles bent on my destruction, I ducked under rotating columns of fire, resisted the murderous, strength-sapping heat inside, I even fought Bowser himself!

The fight ended with me running towards Bowser ready to strike the final blow with all my strength, only to have a last second change of heart and ducking under his mighty jump intended to stomp me. I jumped one last time with what was left of my strength, pulled the lever securing the bridge that suspended Bowser and me over the lava pit. The bridge collapsed, Bowser fell, I was safe on the other side, I ran towards my love.

Alas! In the other room was nothing but a Toad, just sitting there. He said to me, "Sorry Mario, the Princess is in another castle."

Exhausted, injured, hot, and sweaty. I remember thinking, "Son of a bitch..."

No comments:

Post a Comment